Things we read this week dealing with AI, data-collection, and tech culture.
- Machine-based traffic-ticketing systems are running amok A list of recent issues with automated traffic cameras
- AI, Robotics, and the Future of Jobs 1,896 experts weighed in on the question: “Will networked, automated, artificial intelligence (AI) applications and robotic devices have displaced more jobs than they have created by 2025?” 48% said yes, 52% said no
- Jawbone opens a window to our humanity-tracking future Showing the power of aggregated data with a chart of the percentage of their users in surrounding locations who were awoken by the Sonoma Valley earthquake on Sunday morning
- Email is Killing Us 28% of the average workweek is spent reading and answering email
- Should Twitter, Facebook and Google Executives be the Arbiters of What We See and Read? Are sites like these platforms or publishers?